Are the boldfaced strings constituents in the following sentences? Argue why. Use more than one constituency criterion and test
. Watch out, sentence 7 is tricky!
- I went to college with Angelina.
- She bought two books that she had long wanted to read yesterday.
- By the time she awoke, it was already noon.
- The kid was mad at her little sister.
- Bruna saw a durian on the tree in the garden of that house in Penang.
- My friend Eva thinks that she would like to come.
- My friend Eva thinks that she would like to come today.
B. Does lexical syntactic ambiguity necessarily involve structural ambiguity? Why?