In Montreal in 2012. Prescience about my current project! (Photo by Jason Utt.)
CIMeC (Università di Trento)
C.so Bettini 31
With funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 655577.
Please consider submitting an abstract to our ESSLLI 2016 workshop DSALT: Distributional Semantics and Linguistic Theory (Bolzano, Italy, 15-19 August 2016). Deadline: April 7 2016.
I work as a post-doc (Marie Curie fellow) at the CLIC group of CIMeC (University of Trento).
I am interested in semantics, or how meaning works in natural languages. My main research area is Computational Linguistics (aka Natural Language Processing), and I also contribute to Linguistics more generally. I often work within the framework of distributional semantics, because it is able to induce very rich and flexible representations from natural language data.
Topics I am currently working on are anchoring meaning representations to the external world (reference) and linking distributional semantics to a broader semantic and linguistic theory.
For more, please check my publications, projects, resources, and Google Scholar profile.
Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Linguistics; computational semantics;
lexical semantics; compositional semantics; language resources;
computational, quantitative and data-intensive approaches to language.
Recent / upcoming activities
- 07/2016: Invited speaker at NASSLLI 2016 Workshop on Statistical and Logical Models of Meaning (SaLMoM) workshop, New Jersey, US.
- 03/2016: Invited speaker at CREST workshop, Sendai, Japan.
- 02/2016: Invited talk at ILCC/HCRC seminar series, Edinburgh, UK.
- 01/2016: Article for Springer volume in press: Conceptual vs. Referential Affordance in Concept Composition, with L. McNally.
- 2016: Area Co-chair for Semantics, ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany.
- 2016: Co-editor, Special Issue of Computational Linguistics on Formal Distributional Semantics.
- 2016: Co-organizer, ESSLLI 2016 workshop DSALT: Distributional Semantics and Linguistic Theory (Bolzano, Italy, 15-19 August 2016). Abstract submission deadline: April 7 2016.
- 09/2015: Long paper, oral presentation at EMNLP 2015: Paper Distributional vectors encode referential attributes, with Abhijeet Gupta, Marco Baroni and Sebastian Padó.
- 09/2015: Short paper at LSDSem 2015 Workshop: Distributional semantics in use, with Raffa Bernardi, Raquel Fernandez, and Denis Paperno.
- 09/2015: Keynote speaker, IWES workshop at SEPLN 2015 (slides).
- 07/2015: Paper published in PLoS ONE: Zipf's Law for Word Frequencies: Word Forms versus Lemmas in Long Texts, with Álvaro Corral and Ramon Ferrer-i-Cancho.
- 2015: Local co-chair, ESSLLI 2015, August 3rd-14th, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2015: Program co-chair, *SEM 2015, June 4-5, Denver, US.