(Marie Curie fellow)
CIMeC / University of Trento
CIMeC (Università di Trento)
C.so Bettini 31
With funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 655577.
I am a computational linguist interested in semantics, or how meaning works in natural languages. I often work within the framework of distributional semantics, because it is able to induce, from how people use language, very rich and flexible representations for linguistic expressions.
Topics I am currently working on are anchoring meaning representations to the external world (reference) and linking distributional semantics to a broader semantic and linguistic theory.
For more, please check my publications, projects, resources and Google Scholar profile.
Computational linguistics / Natural Language Processing; linguistics; computational semantics;
lexical semantics; compositional semantics; language resources;
computational, quantitative and data-intensive approaches to language.
- 09/2015: Workshop "DisSALT: Distributional Semantics and Linguistic Theory", co-organized with Denis Paperno, accepted for ESSLLI 2016. Stay tuned!
- 09/2015: Long paper, oral presentation at EMNLP 2015: Paper Distributional vectors encode referential attributes, with Abhijeet Gupta, Marco Baroni and Sebastian Padó.
- 09/2015: Short paper at EMNLP 2015 Workshop LSDSem 2015: Distributional semantics in use, with Raffa Bernardi, Raquel Fernandez and Denis Paperno.
- 09/2015: Invited speaker, IWES workshop at SEPLN 2015 (slides).
- 07/2015: Appointed Area Co-chair for Semantics, ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany.
- 07/2015: Paper published in PLoS ONE: Zipf's Law for Word Frequencies: Word Forms versus Lemmas in Long Texts, with Álvaro Corral and Ramon Ferrer-i-Cancho.
- 2015: Local co-chair, ESSLLI 2015, August 3rd-14th, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2015: Program co-chair, *SEM 2015, June 4-5, Denver, US.
- 2015: Co-editor, Special Issue of Computational Linguistics on Formal Distributional Semantics.